Personal information refers to all information about you as an identifiable individual, including your name, address, e mail address, telephone number, and identity number.
Personal Information Collected
Limited personal information is collected using cookies. A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and to improve our service to you.
In order to register for certain services or to enter competitions or promotions offered through our website Footgear will from time to time ask you for relevant personal information. Footgear will use such information to provide the services to you. Footgear may also use such information for its own internal purposes including:
- establishing and verifying your identity;
- maintaining and updating our customer databases; and
- marketing, product research and development purposes.
- storage of personal information
Footgear uses all reasonable endeavours to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems to ensure accuracy and to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information with reference to accepted technological standards.
Personal Information Shared
Footgear will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, provided that by using our website and/or subscribing for any of our services, you provide your express and informed consent for Footgear to disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- to third party companies employed by Footgear to provide services for us, including for example, website hosting and development. These companies require access to your personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes;
- to transfer Footgear’s customer database/s, including personal information contained therein, to any third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or shares in our company or our website service whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise;
- to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory organisations if Footgear is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to:
- protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, Footgear will disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities). Footgear reserves the right to share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website or business associates and partners. This does not involve disclosing any personal information which can identify any individual consumer in any way.
- prevent fraud or abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website; and/or
- protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers and companies in our group;
- comply with the law or with any legal process;
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information to governmental bodies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory organisations if Footgear is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary.
In addition, we may disclose information if required to do so to any regulatory authorities in connection with any investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose Footgear to legal liability.
Communicating with Footgear
Communicating with You / Opting Out
We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently. For example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our privacy & security policy, please email Footgear at [email protected]
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Scripts,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use device information to retarget our advertising on Google Search Results and the Google network of websites (other websites) and also to retarget you with our advertising on Facebook and Instagram. If you browse the Site, you will most likely see our retargeted adverts on the before-mentioned platforms.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number. Payment information (including credit card numbers) is not stored on the Site. To complete a payment, you must enter your payments details, you will be redirected to a third-party payment gateway based on your selection. Third-party payment gateway providers do not share your payments details with the Site or Footgear as a company.
We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
Your Order Information is being shared with a third-party courier company (Dawn Wing). This is done to get your order that was placed on the Site delivered to you.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
When you submit a ‘form’ on the Site, you are automatically added to our mailing list and your personal information is forwarded to our database management company (Strike Media) where it is securely stored. This information will be used to send out marketing communications about the Site.
We do not and will never sell your personal information to third-party suppliers. If for any reason, you would like to opt out of our Sneaker Squad, we’d be sad to see you go, and hope you’ll be back soon.Please reach out to our Customer Care department on [email protected] or (+27) 87 159 7219 and one of our Customer Care agents will contact you, within 24-48 hours.
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use CraftCMS to power our website and online store – you can read more about how CraftCMS uses your Personal Information here: https://craftcms.com/privacy/. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/setti…
Google – https://www.google.com/setting…
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.